Place:


Laister Dyke  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Laister Dyke like this:

LAISTER-DYKE, a chapelry in Bowling township, Bradford parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the Bradford and Leeds railway, at the junction of the line south-eastward thence, 1½ mile E by S of Bradford. It was constituted in 1861; and it has a station with telegraph at the railway junction, and a post-office under Bradford, Yorkshire. Pop., about 5,000. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £93.* Patrons, Simeon's Trustees. The church was built in 1861, at a cost of £2,600; is in the early decorated English style; and has a tower.

Additional information about this locality is available for Bradford

Laister Dyke through time

Laister Dyke is now part of Leeds district. Click here for graphs and data of how Leeds has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Laister Dyke itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Laister Dyke, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24836

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Laister Dyke ".