Place:


Llandeilo Tal Y Bont  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandeilo Tal Y Bont like this:

LLANDILO-TALYBONT, a parish in Swansea district, Glamorgan; on the river Loughor, at the boundary with Carmarthen, adjacent to the Llanelly and Vale of Towy railway, 6 miles NE of Llanelly. It contains the hamlets of Briskedwin, Glynloughor, Gwenlais, Tyr-yBrentin, and Ynisloughor; and has a fair on the Monday after 15 Nov. ...


Post town, Llanelly, Acres, 7,401; of which 105 are water. Real property, £3,495. Pop. in 1851,1,408; in 1861,1,331. Houses, 303. The property is subdivided. Coal abounds. Traces of an ancient camp are near the river. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £140. * Patron, Howel Gwyn, Esq. The church is good; and there are chapels for Independents and Calvinistic Methodists. The bard Jenan Lawdden was a native of Glynloughor.

Llandeilo Tal Y Bont through time

Llandeilo Tal Y Bont is now part of Swansea district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swansea has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandeilo Tal Y Bont itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandeilo Tal Y Bont, in Swansea and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2476

Date accessed: 23rd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llandeilo Tal Y Bont ".