Place:


New Holland  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described New Holland like this:

HOLLAND (NEW), a sea port village in Barrow-uponHumber parish, Lincoln; on the river Humber, and on.he Grimsby and Sheffield Junction railway, opposite Hull, 4 miles E by N of Barton-upon-Humber. It has a station on the railway, a post office under Hull, a steamferry to Hull, a coast guard station, a national school, and a Wesleyan chapel; and the school-room is used as a chapel of ease. The pop., in 1851, was 401, and was then rapidly increasing; but was not separately returned n 1861.

Additional information about this locality is available for Barrow upon Humber

New Holland through time

New Holland is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about New Holland itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of New Holland in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24744

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " New Holland ".