Place:


Rushton Grange  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rushton Grange like this:

RUSHTON-GRANGE, a ville in Burslem parish, Stafford; near Burslem, and within Stoke-upon-Trentborough. Pop. in 1851, 1, 901; in 1861, 2, 652. Houses, 512. This place was known, at Domesday, as Riston; and it had a grange to Halton abbey.

Additional information about this locality is available for Burslem

Rushton Grange through time

Rushton Grange is now part of Stoke on Trent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stoke on Trent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rushton Grange itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rushton Grange, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24573

Date accessed: 27th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rushton Grange ".