Place:


Slad  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Slad like this:

SLAD, a chapelry, with a village, in Painswick parish, Gloucester; 2½ miles NE of Stroud r. station. It was constituted in 1844; and its Post town is Stroud. Pop., 874. Houses, 184. Lypiat Park is a chief residence. There is a cloth factory. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £135.* Patron, the Vicar of Painswick. The church is modern.

Additional information about this locality is available for Painswick

Slad through time

Slad is now part of Stroud district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stroud has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Slad itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Slad, in Stroud and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24400

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Slad ".