Place:


Bishopton  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bishopton like this:

BISHOPTON, a hamlet and a chapelry in Old Stratford parish, Warwick. The hamlet lies adjacent to the Stratford and Avon canal, 2 miles NW of Stratford-on-Avon. Pop., 51.—The chapelry is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester; in the patronage of the Vicar of Stratford; the statistics not reported.

Additional information about this locality is available for Stratford on Avon

Bishopton through time

Bishopton is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bishopton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bishopton, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24347

Date accessed: 17th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bishopton ".