Place:


Selsey  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Selsey like this:

SELSLEY, a chapelry in Kingstanley parish, Gloucester; 2 miles S S W of Stroud r. station. It was constituted in I862; and its post town is Kingstanley, under Stonehouse, Gloucestershire. Pop., about 600. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £192. Patron, S. S. Marling, Esq. The church was built in 1862; and is in the early geometric style.

Additional information about this locality is available for Kings Stanley

Selsey through time

Selsey is now part of Stroud district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stroud has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Selsey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Selsey, in Stroud and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24332

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Selsey ".