Place:


Skewen  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Skewen like this:

SKEWEN, a chapelry in Cadoxton parish, Glamorgan; near Neath. It was constituted in 1846; and its Post town is Neath. Pop., 3,173. Houses, 640. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £160. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.

Additional information about this locality is available for Cadoxton Juxta Neath

Skewen through time

Skewen is now part of Neath Port Talbot district. Click here for graphs and data of how Neath Port Talbot has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Skewen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Skewen, in Neath Port Talbot and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24313

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Skewen ".