Place:


Copt Oak  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Copt Oak like this:

COPT-OAKS, a chapelry in Markfield, Whitwick, Charley, Bardon, Newtown-Linford, and Ulverscroft parishes, Leicester; in Charnwood forest, adjacent to the Midland railway, 5 miles SW of Loughborough. Post town, Loughborough. Pop., 393. Houses, 81. The chapelry was constituted in 1863. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Peterborough. Patrons, the Lords of Forest Manors.

Additional information about this locality is available for Charnwood

Copt Oak through time

Copt Oak is now part of Hinckley and Bosworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hinckley and Bosworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Copt Oak itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Copt Oak, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24295

Date accessed: 14th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Copt Oak ".