Place:


Bussage  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bussage like this:

BUSSAGE, a chapelry in Bisley parish, Gloucester; adjacent to the Cheltenham and Western Union railway, 3 miles E of Stroud. Post Town, Chalford, under Stroud. Pop., 312. Houses, 73. The chapelry was constituted in 1848. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £30.* Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol.

Additional information about this locality is available for Bisley

Bussage through time

Bussage is now part of Stroud district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stroud has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bussage itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bussage, in Stroud and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24292

Date accessed: 22nd August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bussage ".