Place:


Trent Vale  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trent Vale like this:

TRENT VALE, a chapelry in Stoke-upon-Trent parish, Stafford; 1¾ mile from Stoke r. station. It was constituted in 1844; and it has a post-office under Stoke-upon-Trent. Pop., 2,183. Houses, 416. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £100. Patron, the Rector of Stoke.

Additional information about this locality is available for Stoke on Trent

Trent Vale through time

Trent Vale is now part of Stoke on Trent district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stoke on Trent has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trent Vale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trent Vale, in Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24178

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trent Vale ".