Place:


Sketty  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sketty like this:

SKETTY, a village and a chapelry in Swansea parish, Glamorgan. The village stands near Swansea bay, and near the Oystermouth railway, 2½ miles SW of Swansea; is a pretty place; and has a station, of the name of S.-Road, on the railway, and a post-office under Swansea. The chapelry was constituted in 1851. Pop., 1,312. Houses, 266. S. Park is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £160. Patron, H. H. Vivian, Esq.

Additional information about this locality is available for Swansea

Sketty through time

Sketty is now part of Swansea district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swansea has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sketty itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sketty, in Swansea and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24108

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sketty ".