Place:


Bartley  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bartley like this:

BARTLEY, two tythings in Eling parish, Hants; near the Southampton and Dorchester railway, 7½ miles W of Southampton. The one bears the name of Bartley-Regis; the other is united with Bistern, under the name of Bistern and Bartley; and they have a post office, of the name of Bartley, under Southampton. Bartley House is the seat of Lord Vivian; and Bartley Lodge, the seat of the Blaquieres.

Additional information about this locality is available for Eling

Bartley through time

Bartley is now part of New Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how New Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bartley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bartley, in New Forest and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24013

Date accessed: 24th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bartley ".