Place:


Wapley  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wapley like this:

WAPLEY-CUM-CODRINGTON, a parish in Chipping-Sodbury district, Gloucester; 2 miles SE of Yate r. station. Post town, Chipping-Sodbury. Acres, 2,448. Real property, £4,757. Pop., 358. Houses, 73. The manor belongs to W. Codrington, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £400.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Bristol. The church was restored in 1862.

Additional information about this locality is available for Yate

Wapley through time

Wapley is now part of South Gloucestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Gloucestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wapley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wapley in South Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/24007

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wapley ".