Place:


Fishponds  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fishponds like this:

FISHPONDS, a chapelry in Stapleton parish, Gloucester; near the West Midland railway, 3¼ miles NE of Bristol. It has a station on the railway, and a post office ‡ under Bristol. The acreage and pop. are returned with the parish. The rated property amounts to £10, 955, and is not much divided; but there are many good villas. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Stapleton. The church is good.

Additional information about this locality is available for Bristol

Fishponds through time

Fishponds is now part of Bristol district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bristol has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fishponds itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fishponds, in Bristol and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23932

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fishponds ".