Place:


Glyn Collwyn  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Glyn Collwyn like this:

GLYN-COLLWYN, a hamlet-chapelry and a glen in the S of Brecon. The chapelry 1ies in the glen, on the Brecon and Merthyr railway, 2½ miles NE of Dolygaer r. station, and 8 NNE of Merthyr-Tydvil; and is in the parish of Llanvigan. Post town, Merthyr-Tydvil. Pop., 342. Houses, 66. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Llanvigan, in the diocese of St. David's. The glen is overhung by the Brecknock Beacons; is about 6 miles long; and possesses grand scenery.

Additional information about this locality is available for Llanfeugan

Glyn Collwyn through time

Glyn Collwyn is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Glyn Collwyn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glyn Collwyn, in Powys and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23879

Date accessed: 18th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Glyn Collwyn ".