Place:


Nantddu  Brecknockshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nantddu like this:

NANTDDU, a chapelry in Cantreff parish, Breconshire; on the river Taff, under the Brecknock Beacons, 8½ miles S S W of Brecon r. station. Post-town, Brecon. Pop., 95. Houses, 17. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £60. Patron, the Rector of Cantreff The church was rebuilt in 1864, at a cost of £400; and is in the early English style.

Nantddu through time

Nantddu is now part of Rhondda; Cynon; Taff district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rhondda; Cynon; Taff has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Nantddu itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nantddu, in Rhondda; Cynon; Taff and Brecknockshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23278

Date accessed: 16th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Nantddu ".