Place:


Down End  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Down End like this:

DOWNEND, a chapelry in Mangotsfield parish, Gloucester; near Mangotsfield r. station, 5 miles NE of Bristol. It has a post office under Bristol. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Mangotsfield, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol.

Down End through time

Down End is now part of South Gloucestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Gloucestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Down End itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Down End in South Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23273

Date accessed: 16th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Down End ".