Place:


Lochluichart  Ross and Cromarty

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Lochluichart like this:

Kinlochluichart, a quoad sacra parish of central Rossshire, whose church (1825) stands 1 mile W of the head of Loch Luichart, adjacent to Lochluichart station on the Dingwall and Skye railway, this being 17 miles W by N of tbe post-town, Dingwall. Kinlochluichart Lodge, 1½ mile ENE, belongs to Lady Ashburton, who holds 28, 556 acres in the shire, valued at £1885 per annum. ...


The parish is in the presbytery of Dingwall and synod of Ross; the stipend is £120, with a manse and a glebe worth eavch £5 a year. Pop. (1871) 704, (1881) 632, of whom 602 were in Contin, 27 in Fodderty, and 3 in Urray.—Ord. Sur., sh. 93, 1881.

The location is that of Lochluichart church.

Lochluichart through time

Lochluichart is now part of Highland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Highland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lochluichart itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lochluichart, in Highland and Ross and Cromarty | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22208

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lochluichart ".