Place:


Bonjedward  Roxburghshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Bonjedward like this:

Bonjedward, a village in Jedburgh parish, Roxburghshire, ¾ mile above the influx of the Jed to the Teviot, and 2 miles N of Jedburgh. It occupies the site of a Roman station, and was long a place of some note and strength. Bonjedward House, hard by, was the dower house of the Dowager Marchioness of Lothian (d. 1877).

Bonjedward through time

Bonjedward is now part of Scottish Borders district. Click here for graphs and data of how Scottish Borders has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bonjedward itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bonjedward, in Scottish Borders and Roxburghshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21989

Date accessed: 25th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bonjedward ".