Place:


Coulport  Dunbartonshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Coulport like this:

Coulport, a hamlet on the W side of Roseneath parish, Dumbartonshire, on Loch Long, 4 miles N by W of Cove. It maintains a ferry across Loch Long to Ardentinny, and has a new pier, erected in 1880, when also several acres were laid out for feuing purposes. The Kibble Crystal Palace, in the Glasgow Botanic Gardens, was removed from Coulport in 1872.

Coulport through time

Coulport is now part of Argyll and Bute district. Click here for graphs and data of how Argyll and Bute has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coulport itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coulport, in Argyll and Bute and Dunbartonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21925

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coulport ".