Place:


Merthyr Dovan  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Merthyr Dovan like this:

MERTHYR-DOVAN, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; on the coast of the Bristol channel, 5 miles S by W of St. Fagans r. station, and 6½ SW of Cardiff. Post town, Cardiff. Acres, 1,396; of which 55 are water. Real property, £997. Pop., 143. Houses, 29. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £109. Patron, R. F. Jenner, Esq. The church is good.

Merthyr Dovan through time

Merthyr Dovan is now part of The Vale of Glamorgan district. Click here for graphs and data of how The Vale of Glamorgan has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Merthyr Dovan itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Merthyr Dovan in The Vale of Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21007

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Merthyr Dovan ".