Place:


Oswaldslow  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Oswaldslow like this:

OSWALDSLOW, a hundred in the centre of Worcestershire; cut into three divisions, lower, middle, and upper. The l. div. contains Berrow parish, twenty-six other parishes, and parts of five others. Acres, 79, 229. Pop. in 1851, 23, 872. Houses, 5,083. The m. div.contains Alvechurch parish, fifteen other parishes, and part of another. Acres, 55, 910. Pop. in 1851, 13, 823. Houses, 2, 970. The u. div. contains Blockley parish, six other parishes, and part of another. Acres, 23, 648. Pop. in 1851, 7,013. Houses, 1, 483. Pop. of the wholein 1861, 41, 442. Houses, 9,059.

Oswaldslow through time

Oswaldslow is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Oswaldslow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Oswaldslow, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20856

Date accessed: 12th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Oswaldslow ".