Place:


Pontlottyn  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pontlottyn like this:

PONT-LLODDYN, or Pontlottyn, a village on the E verge of Glamorgan; on the river Rhymney and on the Rhymney Valley railway, 2¾ miles S W of Tredegar. Itis a populous place, inhabited chiefly by workmen of the Rhymney ironworks; and it has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Tredegar.

Pontlottyn through time

Pontlottyn is now part of Caerphilly district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caerphilly has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pontlottyn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pontlottyn, in Caerphilly and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20413

Date accessed: 18th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pontlottyn ".