Place:


Pontardulais  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pontardulais like this:

PONT-AR-DULAIS, a place at the mutual boundary of Carmarthen and Glamorgan; on the river Loughor, at the influx of the Dulais, and on the Llanelly and Vale of Towy railway, 7¼ miles N E of Llanelly. It has a station with telegraph on the railway, and a post-office under Llanelly, and is a fishing-place.

Pontardulais through time

Pontardulais is now part of Swansea district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swansea has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pontardulais itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pontardulais, in Swansea and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20411

Date accessed: 20th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pontardulais ".