Place:


Malvern Link  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Malvern Link like this:

MALVERN LINK, a chapelry in Leigh parish, Worcester; on the Worcester and Malvern railway, 1 mile NE of Great Malvern. It was constituted in 1846; it forms an important suburb of Great Malvern, and is rapidly increasing; and it has a post office,‡ designated Malvern Link, Worcestershire, a railway station, a large and elegant hotel of 1862, and many handsome detached residences. ...


Pop. in 1861,1,670. Houses, 319. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £100.* Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church was built in 1846; was greatly enlarged in 1860; is in the early English style; and has a tower of two stages, designed to be carried up a third stage, and to be surmounted by a spire. An Independent chapel was built in 1861, and contains about 400 sittings. There are national and British schools.

Malvern Link through time

Malvern Link is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Malvern Link itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Malvern Link, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/20365

Date accessed: 20th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Malvern Link ".