Place:


Knelston  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Knelston like this:

KNELSTON, or KNOLLSTON, a parish in Swansea district, Glamorgan; near the coast, in the Gower peninsula, 14 miles WSW of Swansea r. station. Post town, Swansea. Acres, 537. Real property, £502. Pop., 113. Houses, 23. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, not reported. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of St. Davids. The church is in ruins.

Knelston through time

Knelston is now part of Swansea district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swansea has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Knelston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Knelston, in Swansea and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2021

Date accessed: 14th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Knelston ".