Place:


Ilston  Glamorgan

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ilston like this:

ILSTON, or LLANILLTYD, a parish in Swansea district, Glamorgan; on the river Penarths-Pill, 6½ miles SW of Swansea r. station. Post town, Swansea. Acres, 2, 879. Real property, £1, 422. Pop., 295. Houses, 62. The property is divided among a few. Coins of Nero were found in 1825. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £200. * Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good.

Ilston through time

Ilston is now part of Swansea district. Click here for graphs and data of how Swansea has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ilston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ilston, in Swansea and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2017

Date accessed: 14th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ilston ".