Place:


Lochcarron  Ross and Cromarty

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Lochcarron like this:

Lochcarron, coast par. and fishing vil., in SW. of Ross and Cromarty - par., 81,488 ac., pop. 1456; vil. (called also Jeantown), on W. side of Loch Carron, 1 mile SW. of the parish church, 4 miles SW. of Strathoarron sta. and 5 NE. of Strome Ferry, pop. 417; P.O., T.O., 1 Bank. See JEANTOWN.

Lochcarron through time

Lochcarron is now part of Highland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Highland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lochcarron itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lochcarron, in Highland and Ross and Cromarty | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/17054

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lochcarron ".