Place:


Inveresk  Midlothian

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Inveresk like this:

Inveresk, coast par. and vil. with ry. sta. (Inveresk Junction), NE. Edinburghshire - par., 5155 ac., pop. 10,537; vil., on river Esk, in S. vicinity of Musselburgh and 6½ miles E. of Edinburgh, pop. 308; the par. contains the town of Musselburgh, with Inveresk House, Inveresk Lodge, and Inveresk Paper Mills; the prftorium of the Roman station at Inveresk (now partly occupied by the parish church) has yielded some interesting antiquities.

Inveresk through time

Inveresk is now part of East Lothian district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lothian has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Inveresk itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Inveresk, in East Lothian and Midlothian | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/16654

Date accessed: 26th September 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Inveresk ".