Place:


Towednack  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Towednack like this:

TOWEDNACK, a parish in Penzance district, Cornwall; 2½ miles SW of St. Ives, and 4¾ W by N of Hayle r. station. Post town, St. Ives, Cornwall. Acres, 2,794. Real property, £2,360. Pop., 1,007. Houses, 195. The manor belongs to the Duke of Cleveland and W. B. Praed, Esq. Amal-Widden was the seat of the Hingestons, and is now a farm-house. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Lelant. The church is curious but not good. There are four Methodist chapels. A cattle fair is held on 26 Sept.

Towednack through time

Towednack is now part of Penwith district. Click here for graphs and data of how Penwith has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Towednack itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Towednack, in Penwith and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1646

Date accessed: 19th September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Towednack ".