Place:


Willerby  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Willerby like this:

WILLERBY, a township and a parish in the district of Scarborough and E. R. Yorkshire. The township lies 1½ mile ENE of Ganton r. station, and 6½ SSW of Scarborough. Acres, 1,630. Real property, £2,324. Pop., 71. Houses, 9. The parish includes Staxton and Binnington townships, and comprises 4,180 acres. Post town, Scarborough. Pop., 468. Houses, 83. The manor belongs to Lord Londesborough. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £170.* Patron, the Rev. E. Day. The church is tolerable.

Willerby through time

Willerby is now part of Ryedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ryedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Willerby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Willerby, in Ryedale and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14473

Date accessed: 19th July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Willerby ".