Place:


Thrybergh  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thrybergh like this:

THRIBERGH, a parish, with a village, in Rotherham district, W. R. Yorkshire; 3½ miles NE by E of Rotherham r. station. It has a post-office under Rotherham. Acres, 1,624. Rated property, £1,966. Pop., 330. Houses, 65. All the land, with T. Park, belongs to J. Fullerton, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £329.* Patron, J. Fullerton, Esq. The church is good, and has a tower and spire. There is an endowed national school.

Thrybergh through time

Thrybergh is now part of Rotherham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rotherham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thrybergh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thrybergh, in Rotherham and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14379

Date accessed: 16th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thrybergh ".