Place:


Sykehouse  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sykehouse like this:

SYKEHOUSE, a chapelry in Fishlake parish, W. R. Yorkshire; 4 miles SSW of Snaith r. station. It has a post-office under Selby. Acres, 3,220. Real property, £5,735. Pop., 623. Houses, 142. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £314. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Durham. The church is good. Charities, £22.

Sykehouse through time

Sykehouse is now part of Doncaster district. Click here for graphs and data of how Doncaster has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sykehouse itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sykehouse, in Doncaster and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14320

Date accessed: 24th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sykehouse ".