Place:


West Rounton  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Rounton like this:

ROUNCTON (West), a parish in Northallerton district, N. R. Yorkshire; 1¾ mile N N W of Welbury r.station, and 8 S by W of Yarm. Post-town, Northallerton. Acres, 1, 500. Real property, £1, 944. Pop., 222. Houses. 47. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £344.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient, has some Norman details, and has been latelyrestored. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

West Rounton through time

West Rounton is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Rounton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Rounton, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14147

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Rounton ".