Place:


Trusthorpe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trusthorpe like this:

TRUSTHORPE, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln: on the coast, 6¾ miles NE of Alford r. station. Post town, Alford. Acres, 1,455; of which 85 are water. Real property, £3,136. Pop., 332. Houses, 68. The manor belongs to T. Alcock, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £500.* Patron, the Rev. H. Owen. The church was rebuilt in 1842. There are two Methodist chapels and a national school.

Trusthorpe through time

Trusthorpe is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Trusthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trusthorpe, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14021

Date accessed: 15th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Trusthorpe ".