Place:


Winterborne Zelston  Dorset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Winterborne Zelston like this:

WINTERBORNE-ZELSTONE, a parish in Blandford district, Dorset; 3¼ miles WSW of Bailey-Gate r. station, and 6 S by E of Blandford. Post town, Blandford. Acres, 823. Real property, £1,311. Pop., 199. Houses, 42. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £258.* Patron, J. J. Farquharson, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1866.

Winterborne Zelston through time

Winterborne Zelston is now part of North Dorset district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Dorset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Winterborne Zelston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Winterborne Zelston in North Dorset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/14014

Date accessed: 10th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Winterborne Zelston ".