Place:


Woolavington  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woolavington like this:

WOOLAVINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Bridgewater district, Somerset; 2¾ miles WSW of Edington r. station, and 4½ NW of Bridgewater. Post town, Bridgewater. Acres, 1,725. Real property, £4,640. Pop., 415. Houses, 90. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, united with Puriton, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. Value, £361.* Patrons, the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Woolavington through time

Woolavington is now part of Sedgemoor district. Click here for graphs and data of how Sedgemoor has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woolavington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woolavington, in Sedgemoor and Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/13423

Date accessed: 22nd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woolavington ".