Place:


Maltby le Marsh  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Maltby le Marsh like this:

MALTBY-LE-MARSH, a parish, with a village, in Louth district, Lincoln; 5 miles NNE of Alford r. station. Post town, Alford-Acres, 1,379. Real property, £3,290Pop. in 1851,293; in 1861,332. Houses, 65. The increase of pop. arose from the sale of land for building purposes. The manor belongs to Capt. ...


Moore. The living is as rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £300 * Patron, 0e Rev. J. Allot. The church is ancient; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; and contains an effigies, supposed to be of one of the Earls killed in a duel at Mablethorpe. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans, and an endowed school with £80 a year.

Maltby le Marsh through time

Maltby le Marsh is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Maltby le Marsh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Maltby le Marsh, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12973

Date accessed: 20th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Maltby le Marsh ".