Place:


Harmby  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Harmby like this:

HARMBY, a township in Spennithorne parish, N. R. Yorkshire; adjacent to the Leyburn railway and the river Ure, 1½ mile ESE of Leyburn. It has a post-office under Bedale, and a Wesleyan chapel. Acres, 860. Real property, £1,815. Pop., 263. Houses, 56.

Harmby through time

Harmby is now part of Richmondshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Richmondshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Harmby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Harmby, in Richmondshire and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12836

Date accessed: 21st January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Harmby ".