Place:


Eggborough  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eggborough like this:

EGGBROUGH, a township in Kellington parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the Goole canal, 5 miles W by N of Snaith. It contains the hamlets of High Eggbrough, Low Eggbrough, and Hut-Green. Acres, 1, 997. Real property, £3, 013. Pop., 299. Houses, 61. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Eggborough through time

Eggborough is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eggborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eggborough, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12401

Date accessed: 20th June 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eggborough ".