Place:


Bodewryd  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bodewryd like this:

BODEWRYD, an extra-parochial chapelry in the district and county of Anglesey; 2 ¾ miles S W of Amlwch r. station, and 12 ½ N E of Holyhead. Post Town, Amlwch, under Bangor. Acres,-526. Real property, £1,687. Pop., 26. Houses, 4. The property is all in one estate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Bangor. Value, £70. Patron, Lord Stanley of Alderley. The church has monuments of the Wynnes, and is small.

Bodewryd through time

Bodewryd is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bodewryd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bodewryd in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12354

Date accessed: 09th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bodewryd ".