Place:


Llanfihangel Tyn Sylwy  Anglesey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanfihangel Tyn Sylwy like this:

LLANFIHANGEL-TYN-SYLWY, a parish in the district of Bangor and county of Anglesey; on the coast, 4 miles N by W of Beaumaris, and 8½ NNE of Llanfair r. station. It includes part of Beaumaris borough. Posttown, Beaumaris, Anglesey. Acres, 833. Real property, £472. Pop., 54. Houses, 8. ...


Pop. of the part in Beaumaris borough, 6. Limestone is quarried. There are an ancient British camp, called Dinas-Sylwy, and part of a stone circle, popularly called Arthur's Round Table; and coins of Nero and Vespasian have been found. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Llangoed, in the diocese of Bangor.

Llanfihangel Tyn Sylwy through time

Llanfihangel Tyn Sylwy is now part of the Isle of Anglesey district. Click here for graphs and data of how the Isle of Anglesey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanfihangel Tyn Sylwy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanfihangel Tyn Sylwy in The the Isle of Anglesey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12346

Date accessed: 06th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanfihangel Tyn Sylwy ".