Place:


Seagry  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Seagry like this:

SEAGRY, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 6 miles N N E of Chippenham r. station. Post-town, Chippenham. Acres, 1,014. Rated property, £1, 960. Pop., 263. Houses, 51. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £173.* Patron, the Earl of Carnarvon. The church was recently rebuilt.

Seagry through time

Seagry is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Seagry itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Seagry in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12087

Date accessed: 26th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Seagry ".