Place:


Little Coates  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Coates like this:

COATES (Little), a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; on the Grimsby and Hull railway, 1¼ mile W of Great Grimsby; Post town, Grimsby. Acres, 1, 024. Real property, £1, 652. Pop., 59. Houses, 9. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £120. Patron, Trinity College, Cambridge. The church is small but good.

Little Coates through time

Little Coates is now part of North East Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North East Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Coates itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Coates in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11948

Date accessed: 15th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Coates ".