Place:


Malvern Wells  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Malvern Wells like this:

MALVERN WELLS, a chapelry in Hanley-Castle parish, Worcester; on the Worcester and Hereford railway, under the Malvern hills, 2 miles S of Great Malvern. It was constituted in 1836; it shares with Great Malvern the character of a watering-place; and it has a post office, ‡ designated Malvern Wells, Worcestershire, and a railway station. ...


Pop. in 1861,558. Houses, 104. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Wor.ester. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rev. F. Hopkinson. The church is a modern stone edifice, with a tower; and was repaired in 1862. There are a parochial library and a national school.

Malvern Wells through time

Malvern Wells is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Malvern Wells itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Malvern Wells, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1188

Date accessed: 27th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Malvern Wells ".