Place:


Burstwick  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burstwick like this:

BURSTWICK, a township and a parish in Patrington district, E. R. Yorkshire. The township is joined with Skeckling; includes part of Ridgmont; lies on the Hull and Holderness railway, near the Humber, 7¾ miles ESE of Hull; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Hull. Real property, £5,847. ...


Pop., 485. Houses, 96. The parish contains also the township of Ryhill and the hamlet of Camerton. Acres, 5,720. Real property, £8,872. Pop., 728. Houses, 149. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £280. Patron, Sir T. A.Constable. The church is later English, and was restored in 1853.

Burstwick through time

Burstwick is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burstwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burstwick, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11874

Date accessed: 07th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burstwick ".