Place:


Brantingham  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brantingham like this:

BRANTINGHAM, a township and a parish in Beverley district, E. R. Yorkshire. The township lies 2 ½ miles N by E of Brough r. station, and 11 W by N of Hull. Real property, £2,720. Pop., 231. Houses, 55.—The parish contains also the townships of Ellerker and Thorpe-Brantingham; the latter of which has a post office under Brough. ...


Acres, 3,632; of which 592 are water. Rated property, £6,749. Pop., 572. Houses, 124. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of Ellerker, in the diocese of York. Value, £255.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Durham. The church is fair.

Brantingham through time

Brantingham is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brantingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brantingham, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11669

Date accessed: 15th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brantingham ".