Place:


Barmby Moor  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barmby Moor like this:

BARMBY-ON-THE-MOOR, or Barmby-Moor, a parish in Pocklington district, E. R. Yorkshire; near the Market-Weighton railway, 1½ mile W of Pocklington. It has a post office, of the name of Barmby-Moor, under York. Acres, 2,290. Real property, £3,088. Pop., 537. Houses, 110. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £263.* Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church consists of nave and chancel; has a fine octagonal spire; and was repaired in 1828. There are chapels for Wesleyan and Primitive Methodists, and charities £53.

Barmby Moor through time

Barmby Moor is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barmby Moor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barmby Moor, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11508

Date accessed: 11th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barmby Moor ".