Place:


Winson  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Winson like this:

WINSON, a chapelry in Bibury parish, Gloucester; 6 miles NE of Cirencester r. station. Post town, Fairford, under Swindon. Acres, 1,190. Rated property, £1,454. Pop., 181. Houses, 49. The manor belongs to Sir W. A Musgrave. The living is annexed to Bibury. The church is good; and there is a national school.

Winson through time

Winson is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Winson itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Winson, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11469

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Winson ".